today's fill in the blank friday is filled with the randomness that is lauren's brain... works just fine for me! maybe one day i'll submit questions from interviews that i did in 9th grade for the school paper. poor mr. carson tried to answer me seriously and respectfully to questions like, "what kind of toothpaste would you be?" i showed no mercy.
on with the show:
1. the most adventurous thing i've ever done is... really dependant on what one would consider "adventurous." is shoplifting adventurous? it's my first response, but i really just think that's because of the adrenaline rush that i got while stuffing ridiculous things like makeup and cd's into my pockets in jr. high. i only felt that way again when throwing rocks at passing trains (it's a federal offense!!!) behind a local restaurant. or perhaps it was sleep on the roof at a local school with my sister when she had nowhere to go. we were both so paranoid about getting caught that we had the most amazingly freaky (and similar) dreams and woke to the sounds of summer drama campers arriving and tried to figure how to get the heck out of there unnoticed... i guess by the technical definition of the word, the most adventurous i've ever been was going white water rafting for the first time on the arkansas river in colorado which included numerous class 6 rapids. we had an awesome guide and got through flawlessly! hmmm, that kind of pales in comparison, now...
2. if i were a pair of shoes i would be converse jack purcells. casual, a little unique... but quietly refined.
3. my preferred mode of digital communication is sadly, i think facebook. texting is cumbersome for long-winded me and email is too formal. i really love being able to check in with numerous people in just a couple of minutes. call it lazy, whatever... it works for me.
4. i feel happiest when driving around on back roads when the day (or night) is beautiful and balmy, listening to great music. my brain is a convertible car.
5. a little dream I have for my life is no big secret! i want to be my own boss. still haven't decided exactly what i want to do, but my love for fashion is pushing its way to the top right now!
6. the one modern convenience I could NOT do without is anything that lets me do things myself: pump my own gas (NJ, how do you stay in your cars!!??), withdrawal from my own bank account, check myself out at the grocery store... i love it all. being able to go about my business without talking to anyone? priceless.
7. music, movies, tv or books: if i could only choose one to enjoy i would pick music. it can really change / fix / affect my mood at any given time. everything else just helps you escape from what's in your head and it's still there for you to deal with when the movie/show/book is over, but music can simply change your mindset. that's some powerful shit there. books would be a close second, since you can learn and gain perspective from books, and this could also potentially lead to a new way of viewing the world. that and, who could really imagine their world without david sedaris narrating once in a while?
looking forward to an awesome weekend! going to see my morning jacket tonight. that's actually all that really matters. :)
this top makes me want to revamp my wardrobe. i can see myself now: causal-chic in straight-leg pants (we're talking serious change here, people) and ballet flats. i'll take one in every color, please.
p.s. and guess what? it's not j. crew! yay, me.
p.p.s. oh, except it's not any more reasonably priced. way to be consistent.
we are going here the first weekend of october:
rob gets to travel a lot in the summer but he's working the whole time. and while he's away, i'm holding down the fort, busy keeping the kitteahs company, cutting the grass, cleaning the house...
it gets lonely by the end of the season.
so i now officially require a quiet extended weekend for us to reconnect.
i think this will suffice. :)
i see lots of bloggers that spend some serious dough on clothes from anthropologie... i typically don't even like the stuff they've got; forget dishing out big cash for it. that was until this:
that's the hotness.
also: did you know that on their website, customers can post pictures with their review of items? genius.