a cool video for a great song.
how fast was this week??!? good thing, too, because my sister is driving her way across the country today to come visit for a week and i simply can't wait! today's real fill in the blank (over at the little things we do) was regarding personal style and, while i lovelovelove fashion, i don't exactly have much of a style thanks to spending all of my moolah on a "professional" wardrobe for the last ten years. i dream of someday having a job / owning a business where i can be myself and dress any which way i like. then i will be able to have a personal style! until then, here is a substitute:
1. the first thing I do in the morning is snooze. usually for about 45 minutes... how ridiculous is that!! then, i get out of bed and sneeze. sometimes i think my life is laughing at me: morning routine = snooze + sneeze.
2. every night before bed i read. even if it's only for ten minutes, i can't seem to shut off my brain without reading just a little bit. this method is so effective, though, that it can take me a very long time to get through a book because i fall asleep while trying to get further.
3. my favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is get together with some friends and vent for a while, then just spend the rest of the time being goofy. it's really a great offset: get it off of your chest, and move on. life's too short to let all that stupid stuff weigh you down. i'm really great at preaching that, but not so much at practicing it... something i need to work on.
4. something that makes me cringe is when people are rude. whether it's people being jerks to others "serving" them, or people in customer service who have no people skills, people who interrupt or don't take turns merging... the list goes on and on and on! everyone is looking out for number one and they forget to be kind to each other. the thing that amazes (scares!) me is that pittsburgh is supposed to be one of the friendliest cities!!
5. social situations tend to make me freak out, generally speaking. i was a really, really shy child and have worked very hard at being able to shoot the shit with strangers, but i still have days when i just don't have the patience or desire to do so. i also don't deal very well with crowds, which is unfortunate for my love of concerts.
6. i like to collect music. cd's, to be exact. i know it's silly in this digital age, but i love the packaging... the smell of the inserts (though they're not quite as awesome as those for cassette tapes!), the artwork, the photos. i like to tell myself that they'll have a comeback someday and then, finally, i will be awesome.
7. weekends are for spending time with family, friends, and pets. and sleeping. sundays, especially, are for sleeping.
have a wonderful weekend!!
1. the very best thing about summer is being able to run around in bare feet. also, spending late nights outside talking and drinking with friends. this includes the following settings: decks, patios, restaurants, and campfires. unbeatable.
2. my first crush ever was boy george. this actually speaks volumes about me. i had a little bear that was named georgie that wore a dress. georgie was most certainly a boy bear. my little brain gender-bended without question... janice the muppet has also always been a boy to me. he just has long hair and wears lipstick! i have always loved pretty boys, especially ones in eyeliner.
3. this may sound really silly but i am afraid of marriage. actually, i am mostly afraid of being someone's wife. lucky person that i am, my partner (who hates being called my boyfriend after ten years) is willing to wait until i reconcile that shit with myself.
4. i squeeze my toothpaste from the bottom, if i'm feeling ambitious. you may find me squeezing from the middle if i'm in a hurry, but i'll have to fix it the next time i use it.
5. my absolute favorite "comfort food" is cheap chicken patties, kraft macaroni and cheese, and canned spinach. with a tall glass of milk. this is what my sister and i would make for our first meal every time we moved into a new place. which happened a lot. (speaking of...)
6.a random fact about me is that i have moved thirteen times since i was sixteen. the fact that i am about to celebrate my third year in my house is truly monumental. and a little confusing for my nomadic brain. instead of moving, i cut my hair. a girl's gotta have change!
7.the one piece of technology that truly makes my life better and I couldn't live without is anything that plays music, be it my ipod, my car stereo, a record player... i could live without my computer, my phone, my car, but not without music!
i have one word for the awesome designs of eve gravel: WOW. this is so up my alley. if i could sew. or if i actually wore the dresses that i fawn over. but, whatever.
first off, i am drawn to anyone who uses alternative models, be they "real" sized or covered in tattoos and piercings. and then there's those sexy dresses...
but wait - there's more!
tights and skirts and jackets!!???!? um. i'm so in love.