how fast was this week??!? good thing, too, because my sister is driving her way across the country today to come visit for a week and i simply can't wait! today's real fill in the blank (over at the little things we do) was regarding personal style and, while i lovelovelove fashion, i don't exactly have much of a style thanks to spending all of my moolah on a "professional" wardrobe for the last ten years. i dream of someday having a job / owning a business where i can be myself and dress any which way i like. then i will be able to have a personal style! until then, here is a substitute:
1. the first thing I do in the morning is snooze. usually for about 45 minutes... how ridiculous is that!! then, i get out of bed and sneeze. sometimes i think my life is laughing at me: morning routine = snooze + sneeze.
2. every night before bed i read. even if it's only for ten minutes, i can't seem to shut off my brain without reading just a little bit. this method is so effective, though, that it can take me a very long time to get through a book because i fall asleep while trying to get further.
3. my favorite thing to do when I'm having a bad day is get together with some friends and vent for a while, then just spend the rest of the time being goofy. it's really a great offset: get it off of your chest, and move on. life's too short to let all that stupid stuff weigh you down. i'm really great at preaching that, but not so much at practicing it... something i need to work on.
4. something that makes me cringe is when people are rude. whether it's people being jerks to others "serving" them, or people in customer service who have no people skills, people who interrupt or don't take turns merging... the list goes on and on and on! everyone is looking out for number one and they forget to be kind to each other. the thing that amazes (scares!) me is that pittsburgh is supposed to be one of the friendliest cities!!
5. social situations tend to make me freak out, generally speaking. i was a really, really shy child and have worked very hard at being able to shoot the shit with strangers, but i still have days when i just don't have the patience or desire to do so. i also don't deal very well with crowds, which is unfortunate for my love of concerts.
6. i like to collect music. cd's, to be exact. i know it's silly in this digital age, but i love the packaging... the smell of the inserts (though they're not quite as awesome as those for cassette tapes!), the artwork, the photos. i like to tell myself that they'll have a comeback someday and then, finally, i will be awesome.
7. weekends are for spending time with family, friends, and pets. and sleeping. sundays, especially, are for sleeping.
have a wonderful weekend!!